Saturday, August 2, 2008

Le Tour de Palouse

Earlier this summer, after some car problems and rising gas prices, Kelly and I had been talking about saving some money on gas and trying to cut back on how many trips I make back and forth between Moscow and Pullman. There is a great bike path between the two towns that makes it really easy for someone to ride back and forth between the two but my bike wasn't really the right kind for commuting. So we ended up getting a road/touring bike for me and now I ride that back and forth as much as I can...ok, maybe not as much as I can, but enough to cut back a little on how much we end up paying for gas. I've put over 180 miles on the bike so far which seems like a lot, but then when you consider that the Tour de France was 2178 miles long it no longer seems like it's that big of a deal.

4 comments:

Amy Bateman said...

Good for you, Brian! How come you don't have a link to our blog on yours????

Brian said...

Probably the same reason it's been so long between posts...don't worry, I took care of it.

Cole said...

Nice bike! Is this your announcement that you are going to start training for the tour de france?

Brian said...

Sure, why not. I'll start training, but don't expect to see me buying a plane ticket to France anytime soon.