Thursday, February 12, 2009

Gallery Update

Tomorrow I'll pick up my photograph from the gallery. No, not a typo, I did say photograph...singular. I got an e-mail today from the University Art Collections Manager asking me if I would be ok having my photograph of the Moon and Venus over the Kibbie Dome on display in the University Provost's office suite in the Administration Building. Apparently, Provost Doug Baker went to the exhibition and chose about 10 projects he wanted to display in his office for the rest of the semester and through the summer. I sat there staring at the e-mail, with a deer caught in the headlights look I'm sure, for about 2 minutes before I replied saying that I was extremely honored and that I was more than happy to oblige the Provost. I hope I didn't come across so giddy in the e-mail as I am here.

2 comments:

Amy Bateman said...

Congratulations Brian! What an awesome honor. Are you sure you don't want to do photography on the side?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That is quite an honor. You did a good job selecting an interesting shot -specifically so for those familiar with your campus. Still think you might have a bit of a future here.