Thursday, January 31, 2008

Breaking news

The Palouse has been hit hard this week with snow. Sunday we got about 6 inches. Tuesday we got about 6 more. Last night and today we've gotten around 7 and it's still currently snowing. Both U of I and WSU have closed for the day. From what I understand this is only the third time since the U of I opened in 1889 that the University has closed due to weather. It closed once back in the 50's due to snow, later because of flooding so students could help sandbag, and today because of snow. Kelly is still on campus because she had some early classes before they announced the closure, but she's on her way home by way of the nuclear reactor. Actually WSU is still open until 10am, right now it's about 9:30. U of I closed around 8:00am. I was still asleep because I don't have class until 2:00 but my supervisor at the library called to let me know that the university was closed and so was the library. I'll try to get out and take some pictures to post so you can all get an idea of how much snow we've gotten.

1 comment:

Amy Bateman said...

Wow! It was a big deal when they closed due to the flooding. That was crazy to see at the time. I don't remember if they closed after Mt. St Helens erupted or not. Can't wait to see all your snow. Did Kelly make it home safely?