Wednesday, June 27, 2007

When Marketing Goes Bad

So there has been an odd bit of marketing going on in the McDonalds here in Pullman. To explain better, there is a sale going on now for two small vanilla ice cream cones for $1. Now this marketing is great to start off but then it goes very bad; first off the sale is only going on at the Bishop Blvd McDonalds not the one on Stadium (it's a CHAIN for goodness sakes who would have thought two stores in the same town wouldn't have the same sale), secondly when I went there today by myself I ordered a small vanilla ice cream cone and the total came to 97 cents to which I said "isn't there a two for $1 sale?" and the lady said "yes, would you like that instead?" and I said "no, I'd just like one for 50 cents" and she said "no, it's two for $1 or one for 97 cents".
CRAZY!!!!!
In case you were wondering I refused to give them my business and drove through the rest of the drive through feeling satisfied with my refusal of this ridiculous marketing travesty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so funny.
You crack me up! I'm sure the entire McDonald's dynasty is still smarting this morning from the drop in sales yesterday. You showed THEM!
Love and kisses,
me